Copadichromis sp. Borleyi 'Mbenji' "Goldfin"
This cichlid species collected from Lake Malawi Mbenji Island has some similarities to the much more common variety of "Red Fin Borleyi (Kandango)" although as juvies and females these have yellow fins and as the males mature they have more of a yellow tinged body and pectoral fins which grow very long and impressive. With their peaceful tempermenament they mix in well with other peacocks and haps, and multiples of males and females can be kept together in the same tank.
- Scientific Name: Copadichromis borleyi
- Geographical Origin: Lake Malawi 'Mbenje Island'
- Diet: Carnivore, pellet or flake
- Breeding: Maternal Mouthbrooder
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Conspecific Temperament: Peaceful
- Maximum Size: 8"
- Temperature: 78 - 82°F
- pH: 7.8 - 8.6
- Difficulty: 1